Definition of humbled:
downhearted, low-spirited, low-down, modest, down in the mouth, depleted, lowly, disordered, depressed, wiped out, gloomy, downcast, busted, rugged, broken, crushed, grim, miserable, abject, impoverished, blue, scurvy, scummy, small, unkept, low-pitched, upset, dispirited, humiliated, humble, confused, down, low-toned, low, broken in.
- defeated (part of speech: verb)
- humbled (part of speech: verb)
- "The Rainbow Book Tales of Fun & Fancy", Mabel Henriette Spielmann.
- "Ernest Maltravers, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "The Purple Parasol", George Barr McCutcheon.