Definition of humility:
mortification, resignation, self-abnegation, abasement, passiveness, self-love, submission, diffidence, unimportance, self-abasement, big, fawning, nonresistance, obscureness, inferiority complex, timorousness, self-effacement, attitude, reserve, obsequiousness.
- humility (part of speech: noun)
- servility (part of speech: noun)
- modesty (part of speech: noun)
- "The Emperor of Portugallia", Selma Lagerlof.
- "Molly Brown's Junior Days", Nell Speed.
- "The Life and Genius of Nathaniel Hawthorne", Frank Preston Stearns.