Definition of humorous :
1. Full of humor; jocular; exciting laughter; playful; as, a humorous story or author; a humorous aspect.
2. Moist; humid; watery.
3. Subject to be governed by humor or caprice; irregular; capricious; whimsical.
hilarious, laughter, clownish, ludicrous, comic, seriocomic, jocose, joking, slapstick, killing, wry, comical, sidesplitting, zany, comedic, facetious, waggish, bantering, seriocomical, amusing, humourous, ironic, witty, tragicomical, risible, jesting, laughable, mirthful, ridiculous, clowlike, entertaining, tragicomic, dry, ironical, droll, study at witty, screaming, farcical, tongue-in-cheek, uproarious, funny, jocular, gilbertian, buffoonish
- 14. A letter telling some humorous story that you have recently heard. - "Practical Grammar and Composition", Thomas Wood.
- We may say that most of the so- called humorous verse is not poetry at all, for the merely funny does not merit the term poetry. - "The Literature of Ecstasy", Albert Mordell.
- She loved looking at him, particularly with that humorous little smile on his lips, so she said: " Not half. - "Winding Paths", Gertrude Page.