Definition of hypnotic:
- A person who exhibits the phenomena of, or is subject to, hypnotism.
- Any agent that produces, or tends to produce, sleep; an opiate; a soporific; a narcotic.
- Having the quality of producing sleep; tending to produce sleep; soporific.
- Of or pertaining to hypnotism; in a state of hypnotism; liable to hypnotism; as, a hypnotic condition.
lenitive, somniferous, awareness, soothing, sleepy, calmative, spellbinding, sleep-producing, trance-inducing, attractive, sedative, opiate, somnifacient, narcotic, mesmerizing, somnific, anesthetic, soporiferous, sleep-inducing, anodyne, pertaining to hypnosis, slumberous, soporific, mesmeric, somnolent.
- "Time Crime", H. Beam Piper.
- "Stammering, Its Cause and Cure", Benjamin Nathaniel Bogue.
- "Making a Fireplace", Henry H. Saylor.