Definition of idealism:
- Conception of the ideal; imagery.
- The practice or habit of giving or attributing ideal form or character to things; treatment of things in art or literature according to ideal standards or patterns; - opposed to realism.
- The quality or state of being ideal.
- The system or theory that denies the existence of material bodies, and teaches that we have no rational grounds to believe in the reality of anything but ideas and their relations.
- "Black Man's Burden", Dallas McCord Reynolds.
- "Heart and Soul", Victor Mapes (AKA Maveric Post).
- "The Russian Revolution; The Jugo-Slav Movement", Alexander Petrunkevitch, Samuel Northrup Harper, Frank Alfred Golder, Robert Joseph Kerner.