Definition of identical :
1. In diplomacy ( esp. in the form identic), precisely agreeing in sentiment or opinion and form or manner of expression; - applied to concerted action or language which is used by two or more governments in treating with another government.
2. The same; the selfsame; the very same; not different; as, the identical person or thing.
3. Uttering sameness or the same truth; expressing in the predicate what is given, or obviously implied, in the subject; tautological.
equal (part of speech: adjective)
like (part of speech: verb)
study at same
identical (part of speech: adjective)
- This seemed simple enough, for there, within half- a- mile, rose the identical ridge. - "Queen Sheba's Ring", H. Rider Haggard.
- " And then, when they were identical boys, he was very sensible about it. - "Anything You Can Do", Gordon Randall Garrett.
- " No. But he was so like the man at home; so identical in features and build to the man I expected to go home to marry. - "Parrot & Co.", Harold MacGrath.