Definition of identify:
- To become the same; to coalesce in interest, purpose, use, effect, etc.
- To establish the identity of; to prove to be the same with something described, claimed, or asserted; as, to identify stolen property.
- To make to be the same; to unite or combine in such a manner as to make one; to treat as being one or having the same purpose or effect; to consider as the same in any relation.
light upon, position, fall upon, link, order, key, separate, commit, sympathize, hear, post, chance upon, finger, appoint, diagnose, signalize, catalog, key out, get word, give away, account, aim, secernate, discover, localize, see, let on, place, rank, line, draw, name, constitute, nominate, come upon, refer, target, empathize, get a line, delineate, compare, parallel, severalize, correlate, range, set, observe, classify, break, strike, list, come out, analogize, tell, spot, liken, localise, send, come across, report, knowledge, bring out, signalise, let out, cite, tell apart, site, match, assimilate, make, MARKS, attain, find out, know, distinguish, severalise, brand, chance on, unwrap, trademark, learn, pick up, pick out, depict, advert, point, happen upon, notice, bring up, rate, discern, grade, lay, mark, same, equate, connect, pinpoint, locate, direct, put, describe, differentiate, station, make out, recognise, relate, come in, bracket, pose, secern, mention, couple, divulge, associate, get wind, invest, trace.
- "Caves of Terror", Talbot Mundy.
Having thus prepared him to expect news, he had written him in my name that the man who had wronged Gareth was about to marry another woman, and had given such details of the elopement as would enable the Colonel to witness it and thus identify the man he sought.- "By Wit of Woman", Arthur W. Marchmont.
- "The Gospel According to St. Mark", G. A. Chadwick.