Definition of idleness:
leisure, sluggardness, vegetation, trifling, industrious, action, groundlessness, truancy, dalliance, faineance, unemployment, idling, industry, faineance, do-nothingism, shiftlessness, sloth, loafing, inoperativeness, stupor, inertia.
- inactivity (part of speech: noun)
- inaction (part of speech: noun)
- inertness (part of speech: noun)
- lethargy (part of speech: noun)
- motionlessness (part of speech: noun)
- "Growth of the Soil", Knut Hamsun.
- "The Darling and Other Stories", Anton Chekhov.
- "The Life and Letters of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Volume I (of 2)", Florence A. Thomas Marshall.