Definition of illegitimate:
- Not according to law; not regular or authorized; unlawful; improper.
- Not authorized by good usage; not genuine; spurious; as, an illegitimate word.
- Not legitimately deduced or inferred; illogical; as, an illegitimate inference.
- To render illegitimate; to declare or prove to be born out of wedlock; to bastardize; to illegitimatize.
- Unlawfully begotten; born out of wedlock; bastard; as, an illegitimate child.
fatherless, wrong, asshole, whoreson, wrongful, adulterine, law, illogical, illegitimate child, bastardly, mongrel, wrong, outlawed, misbegotten, baseborn, cocksucker, illicit, illegal, by-blow, dickhead, unlawful, prick, shit, spurious, contraband, love child, son of a bitch, incorrect, base, irregular, unsound, natural, wicked, twisted, outlaw, bastard, left-handed, unacceptable, kin, misbegot.
- "The Miller Of Old Church", Ellen Glasgow.
In one relatively small and primitive district I happened to know of, more than one- half of the families with marriageable daughters have within the last three years had to bear the shame of illegitimate off- spring.- "Heart and Soul", Victor Mapes (AKA Maveric Post).
- "Promenades of an Impressionist", James Huneker.