Definition of illumination:
- Adornment of books and manuscripts with colored illustrations. See Illuminate, v. t., 3.
- Festive decoration of houses or buildings with lights.
- That which illuminates or gives light; brightness; splendor; especially, intellectual light or knowledge.
- That which is illuminated, as a house; also, an ornamented book or manuscript.
- The act of illuminating, or supplying with light; the state of being illuminated.
- The special communication of knowledge to the mind by God; inspiration.
luminance, glistering, visible light, light source, shining, flourish, miniature, flicker, glimmer, construction, enlightenment, lighter, flame, clarification, elucidation, exposition, brightness level, visible radiation, decoration, toy, lightness, spark, igniter, sheen, lighting, glistening, ornament, edification, decipherment, explanation, embellishment, interpretation, twinkling, explication, exegesis, enucleation, flare, illuminance, explain, teach, clearing, gleaming, luminosity, twinkle, glare, illustration, shimmer, ignitor.
- "Antony Gray,--Gardener", Leslie Moore.
- "The Secret Passage", Fergus Hume.
- "Daisy", Elizabeth Wetherell.