Definition of illusory:
- deceptive (part of speech: adjective)
- unsubstantial (part of speech: adjective)
- unreal (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Psychology of Beauty", Ethel D. Puffer.
This devoted soldier made use of the illusory provisions of the new law to declare that he would equip and arm at once all recruits, and he announced that he held at their disposal the one month's advanced pay promised by the government to these exceptional levies.- "The Chouans", Honore de Balzac.
- "Sidelights on Relativity", Albert Einstein.