Definition of image:
- A picture, example, or illustration, often taken from sensible objects, and used to illustrate a subject; usually, an extended metaphor.
- A representation of anything to the mind; a picture drawn by the fancy; a conception; an idea.
- An imitation, representation, or similitude of any person, thing, or act, sculptured, drawn, painted, or otherwise made perceptible to the sight; a visible presentation; a copy; a likeness; an effigy; a picture; a semblance.
- Hence: The likeness of anything to which worship is paid; an idol.
- Show; appearance; cast.
- The figure or picture of any object formed at the focus of a lens or mirror, by rays of light from the several points of the object symmetrically refracted or reflected to corresponding points in such focus; this may be received on a screen, a photographic plate, or the retina of the eye, and viewed directly by the eye, or with an eyeglass, as in the telescope and microscope; the likeness of an object formed by reflection; as, to see one's image in a mirror.
- To represent or form an image of; as, the still lake imaged the shore; the mirror imaged her figure.
- To represent to the mental vision; to form a likeness of by the fancy or recollection; to imagine.
same, movie, self-critical, protrude, frame, number one, delineation, chain, self-styled, check, determine, reckon, ambit, catch, count on, picture, learn, ego, ensure, encounter, jut out, fancy, moving picture, cooking stove, figure of speech, artwork, chain of mountains, character, see, flick, memory, mountain range, assure, material body, take in, stunt woman, send off, regard, replication, art, get wind, go out, attend, construe, video, fine art, look-alike, background, word-painting, self-image, compass, motion-picture show, version, come across, pattern, foresee, see to it, simulacrum, SIMULACRE, find, do someone/yourself an injustice, two-base hit, visualise, profile, effigy, self-deception, composition, examine, mental picture, physique, control, insure, reach, mental image, portrait, contrive, substitution class, work out, scene, persona, chef d'oeuvre, range of a function, symbol, meet, soma, ikon, chassis, interpret, take care, emblem, sign, estimate, cypher, understand, grasp, take to, doubling, epitome, moving-picture show, pictorial matter, watch, visit, orbit, fig, two-baser, witness, discover, mirror, story, mirrored, word picture, anatomy, number, pick up, cipher, surface, attribute, commitment, range of mountains, run across, public figure, calculate, jut, icon, realize, characterization, get word, counterpart, two-bagger, project, scope, externalise, self-proclaimed, trope, ringer, escort, physical body, run into, envision, visualize, self-described, date, role, picture show, film, kitchen stove, characterisation, photo, mountain chain, prototype, reduplication, exposure, stove, type, digit, belief, motion picture, carbon copy, paradigm, go steady, creation, philosophy, flesh, range, consider, stick out, tale, experience, stunt man, ascertain, pic, bod, kitchen range, go for, mirror image, faith, go through, back catalog, painting, description, spitting image, compute, assemblage, build, depict, propose, externalize, theatrical role, double, token, hear, render, forecast, figure, get a line, enter, part, name, canon, find out, realise, human body, throw.
- duplicate (part of speech: noun)
- appearance (part of speech: noun)
- idea (part of speech: noun)
- model (part of speech: adjective)
representation (part of speech: noun)
- "A Text-Book of Astronomy", George C. Comstock.
- "The Book of Gud", Dan Spain Harold Hersey.
- "The Sea Bride", Ben Ames Williams.