Definition of imaginary:
ideal, ideational, fabulous, imaginative, fictitious, synthetic, mock, conceptional, fantastical, simulated, hallucinatory, real, chimeric, false, nonexistent, imaginary number, imagined, chimerical, visionary, complex number, chimerical, shadowy, invented, fake, notional, legendary, mythological, apocryphal, whimsical, delusive, deceptive, visionary, pretended, made-up, fanciful, complex quantity, make-believe, unreal, dreamlike.
- imaginary (part of speech: adjective)
- suppositional (part of speech: adjective)
- unreal (part of speech: adjective)
- immaterial (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
- "Janet's Love and Service", Margaret M Robertson.
- "Mary Wollaston", Henry Kitchell Webster.