Definition of imbecile:
retard, softhead, doofus, humpback, cockeyed, ludicrous, ridiculous, hunchback, wanker, gander, backward, cow, madman, ding-dong, deadhead, half-wit, preposterous, unintelligent, crackbrained, nerd, ninny, schmo, tomfool, nonsensical, dork, idiot, idiotic, absurd, turkey, dipstick, cabbage, madwoman, simple, schmuck, goof, dip, dwarf, laughable, ability, mooncalf, goose, imbecilic, changeling, derisory, cretin, jerk, spastic, moron, stupid, cripple, lunatic.
- fool (part of speech: noun)
- ignoramus (part of speech: noun)
- "The Shadow of the Cathedral", Vicente Blasco Ibaņez.
- "The Valley of Decision", Edith Wharton.
- "Openings in the Old Trail", Bret Harte.