Definition of Imitating:
- representing (part of speech: verb)
- pretending (part of speech: verb)
- reproducing (part of speech: verb)
- substituting (part of speech: verb)
- imitating (part of speech: verb)
- "A Poor Man's House", Stephen Sydney Reynolds.
It might be said that this was a serious waste of precious time, and that our universities in the modern time would not think of imitating them, but such a remark could come but from some one who did not realize the real condition that obtained in the old- time universities.- "Education: How Old The New", James J. Walsh.
- "The Memoirs of Louis XIV., Volume 3 And His Court and of The Regency", Duc de Saint-Simon.