Definition of immediately:
without delay, forthwith, like a shot, at the first opportunity, straightaway, flat, time, presently, in a trice, in that instant, straight off, at short notice, at a time, now, pronto, right off, shortly, instanter, in a flash, on the dot, outright, unhesitatingly, direct, rapidly, in real time, PDQ, today, right away, nowadays, right off the bat, directly, in a jiffy, at present, before you could say Jack Robinson, on the double, instantly, straight, on the spot, summarily, instant, straightway, near, this instant, at one time, at once, now or never, clear.
- nearly (part of speech: adverb)
- currently (part of speech: adverb)
- punctually (part of speech: adverb)
- suddenly (part of speech: adverb)
- timelessly (part of speech: adverb)
- "The Children of Wilton Chase", Mrs. L. T. Meade.
- "Leigh Hunt's Relations with Byron, Shelley and Keats", Barnette Miller.
- "When London Burned", G. A. Henty.