Definition of immersion:
- Submersion in water for the purpose of Christian baptism, as, practiced by the Baptists.
- The act of immersing, or the state of being immersed; a sinking within a fluid; a dipping; as, the immersion of Achilles in the Styx.
- The dissapearance of a celestail body, by passing either behind another, as in the occultation of a star, or into its shadow, as in the eclipse of a satellite; - opposed to emersion.
- The state of being overhelmed or deeply absorbed; deep engagedness.
compactness, denseness, ducking, entrance, entering, incoming, assiduousness, preoccupation, soaking up, submergence, prepossession, tightness, duck hunting, ingress, absorption, entry, enthrallment, density, concentration, engrossment, submerging, submersion, excite, dousing, assiduity, preoccupancy, assimilation.
- attention (part of speech: noun)
- water (part of speech: noun)
- "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.
- "The Shrieking Pit", Arthur J. Rees.
- "Quiet Talks on Power", S.D. Gordon.