Definition of immortal :
1. Connected with, or pertaining to immortability.
2. Destined to live in all ages of this world; abiding; exempt from oblivion; imperishable; as, immortal fame.
3. Great; excessive; grievous.
4. Not mortal; exempt from liability to die; undying; imperishable; lasting forever; having unlimited, or eternal, existance.
5. One who will never cease to be; one exempt from death, decay, or annihilation.
indissoluble, celebrated, fadeless, eonian, unfading, God, perennial, live, unfailing, undying, without end, never-ceasing, divinity fudge, aeonian, never-ending, incorruptible, indestructible, perpetual, eminent, imperishable, sempiternal, graven image, never-failing, ever-living, unending, mortal, idol, glorious, amaranthine, eterne, unchanging, divinity, godlike, timeless, deathless, never-dying, theology, deity, continue, famous, deific, world without end, evergreen
perpetual (part of speech: adjective)
- I'm just going to sleep, that's all, to wake in immortal dawn. - "Lavender and Old Lace", Myrtle Reed.
- Thus it will become a part of your immortal self, and help you on your heavenly way. - "Dawn", Mrs. Harriet A. Adams.
- 62. " We must be immortal, whether we will or no." - "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.