Definition of impatient:
- Not patient; not bearing with composure; intolerant; uneasy; fretful; restless, because of pain, delay, or opposition; eager for change, or for something expected; hasty; passionate; - often followed by at, for, of, and under.
- Not to be borne; unendurable.
- One who is impatient.
- Prompted by, or exhibiting, impatience; as, impatient speeches or replies.
zealous, enthusiastic, impatient of, avid, restive, desirous, displeased, fed up, glowing, anxious, attitude, thirsting, solicitous, unforbearing, cross, animated, angry, importunate, yearning, hungry, in need of something, be dying for something/to do something, thirsty, earnest, belligerent, intent, restless, excitable, longing, raring, short, mad, in the hope that/of, intolerant of, vehement, athirst, hot, annoyed, irritated, bursting, keen, burning, accept, concern, ardent, upset, fretful, agog, fervent, intense, calm, put out, eager, intolerant, impetuous.
- hasty (part of speech: adjective)
- irritable (part of speech: adjective)