Definition of impenetrable:
- Having the property of preventing any other substance from occupying the same space at the same time.
- Inaccessible, as to knowledge, reason, sympathy, etc.; unimpressible; not to be moved by arguments or motives; as, an impenetrable mind, or heart.
- Incapable of being penetrated or pierced; not admitting the passage of other bodies; not to be entered; impervious; as, an impenetrable shield.
intemperate, gruelling, clayey, sullen, with child, lowering, grave, sound, hard, weighty, inscrutable, slow, enceinte, threatening, arduous, gravid, profound, big, laborious, wakeless, fleshy, sonorous, uncomprehensible, leaden, dim, inscrutable, dense, overweight, ponderous, grievous, large, labored, knowledge, unintelligible, backbreaking, thick, weighed down, unfathomable, obtuse, lumbering, unintelligible, cloggy, operose, great, grueling, dull, dumb, unfathomable, incomprehensible, heavy, punishing, expectant, toilsome, laboured.
- "The Son of his Father", Ridgwell Cullum.
- "The Scarlet Banner", Felix Dahn.
- "Spotted Deer", Elmer Gregor.