Definition of impertinent:
- An impertinent person.
- Contrary to, or offending against, the rules of propriety or good breeding; guilty of, or prone to, rude, unbecoming, or uncivil words or actions; as, an impertient coxcomb; an impertient remark.
- Not pertinent; not pertaining to the matter in hand; having no bearing on the subject; not to the point; irrelevant; inapplicable.
- Trifing; inattentive; frivolous.
rectangular, contumelious, familiar, bracing, remote, judicious, attitude, indifferent, novel, incorporeal, orthogonal, hostile, unlike, wise, clean, irreverent, relevant, smart, chic, assumptive, presuming, unfermented, flip, smart-alecky, brassy, unused, contrasted, sweet, malapert, refreshing, sassy, contrary, conflicting, opposed, nonmaterial, unconnected, assumptive, spirited, voguish, irrelevant, pushy, extraneous, courtesy, snotty-nosed, overbold, brisk, knowing, new, reinvigorated, uppish, refreshful, overconfident, forward, boldfaced, uppity, wise to, pert, impudent, refreshed, godless, saucy, nervy, bright, invigorated, distant, assuming, tonic, snippety, fresh, snippy, immaterial, contradictory, heady.
- discourteous (part of speech: adjective)
extraneous (part of speech: adjective)
- insolent (part of speech: adjective)
- disrespectful (part of speech: adjective)
- "Won from the Waves", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The Way of Ambition", Robert Hichens.
- "An Artist in Crime", Rodrigues Ottolengui.