Definition of implicit:
- Infolded; entangled; complicated; involved.
- Resting on another; trusting in the word or authority of another, without doubt or reserve; unquestioning; complete; as, implicit confidence; implicit obedience.
- Tacitly comprised; fairly to be understood, though not expressed in words; implied; as, an implicit contract or agreement.
inferred, be, absolute, practical, certain, unhesitating, unspoken, unquestioning, inexplicit, unuttered, show, unstated, unverbalized, unvoiced, undoubting, limited, unverbalised, underlying, wholehearted, unreserved, unsaid, implicit in, unfaltering, implied, silent, inherent, unconditional, inevitable, big, unexpressed, understood, wordless, tacit, virtual.
- "U.S. Copyright Renewals, 1968 July - December", U.S. Copyright Office.
Bessie was perfectly comfortable in her own mind; she was sure of her own motives, and she had implicit faith in her father; but she would not have been quite so easy if she had known that Mrs. Sefton intended to send a little note to Hatty as well.- "Our Bessie", Rosa Nouchette Carey.
- "Nature and Art", Mrs. Inchbald.