Definition of import:
- Importance; weight; consequence.
- Merchandise imported, or brought into a country from without its boundaries; - generally in the plural, opposed to exports.
- That which a word, phrase, or document contains as its signification or intention or interpretation of a word, action, event, and the like.
- To be of importance or consequence to; to have a bearing on; to concern.
- To bring in from abroad; to introduce from without; especially, to bring ( wares or merchandise) into a place or country from a foreign country, in the transactions of commerce; - opposed to export. We import teas from China, coffee from Brasil, etc.
- To carry or include, as meaning or intention; to imply; to signify.
- To signify; to purport; to be of moment.
place, thrust, send, importee, balance of trade, deduction, conditional relation, substance, introduce, issue, acquire, access, intend, subtext, bit, important, sense, utilize, second, purchase, call up, event, moment, back up, magnitude, block, purport, buy, go toward, result, importing, spell out, entailment, browse, here and now, signify, buy up, weightiness, matter, embargo, apply, spell, logical implication, ship, weight, importation, minute, outcome, significance, get in, aftermath, implication, burn in, carry, convey, balance of payments, fall back on, mo, get, signification, burn, export, use, drift, instant, consume, mean, write, blockade, denote, intention, invest in, connote, archive, bring in, author, exploit, effect, intent, present moment, consequence, usage, upshot, count, denotation, imply, draw on, content, weigh, connotation, account, common market, snap up, capture, meaning.
- "Studies in Forensic Psychiatry", Bernard Glueck.
- "Elizabethan Sea Dogs", William Wood.
- "The Girl Scouts in Beechwood Forest", Margaret Vandercook.