Definition of impounding:
- enclosing (part of speech: verb)
- taking (part of speech: verb)
- imprisoning (part of speech: verb)
- "The Boy Scout Aviators", George Durston.
While it is true that back into such impounding most who once have been there soon return, Doc turned out to be one of the rare exceptions proving the rule; for the last I heard of him, he was the lame but light- hearted and wholly honest proprietor of a respectable Rushville saloon.- "The Red-Blooded Heroes of the Frontier", Edgar Beecher Bronson.
- "The Passaic Flood of 1903", Marshall Ora Leighton.