Definition of improvement:
- A useful addition to, or modification of, a machine, manufacture, or composition.
- Increase; growth; progress; advance.
- The act of improving; advancement or growth; promotion in desirable qualities; progress toward what is better; melioration; as, the improvement of the mind, of land, roads, etc.
- The act of making profitable use or applicaton of anything, or the state of being profitably employed; a turning to good account; practical application, as of a doctrine, principle, or theory, stated in a discourse.
- The state of being improved; betterment; advance; also, that which is improved; as, the new edition is an improvement on the old.
- Valuable additions or betterments, as buildings, clearings, drains, fences, etc., on premises.
utility, feeler, advance, attachment, alteration, emolument, increase, reclamation, onward motion, approach, regeneration, better, supplement, change, growth, amelioration, elevation, procession, usefulness, decay, deterioration, cultivation, upgrade, expediency, ennoblement, return, civilization, preferment, rise, melioration, amendment, recuperation, development, betterment, service, addition, overture, emendation, recovery, extra, returns, cash advance, refurbishment, luxury, avail, reformation, reorganization, revision, forward motion, receipts, remodeling, reform, value, repair, proceeds.
- benefit (part of speech: noun)
- restoration (part of speech: noun)
- improvement (part of speech: noun)
- "A Cursory History of Swearing", Julian Sharman.
She had never been known to compare her lot with others, or to wonder why she was deprived of the comforts enjoyed by them; and her heart was a perpetual well- spring of quiet gratitude, which made the heaviest trials of her life sources of improvement to herself, and of blessing to those around her.- "Amy Herbert", Elizabeth Sewell.
- "Prescott of Saskatchewan", Harold Bindloss.