Definition of inauspicious:
sinister, unfavorable, ill-omened, baleful, minatory, harmful, indecorous, uncomely, sick, adverse, unfortunate, unbecoming, unpropitious, unfavourable, forbidding, ill, threatening, ominous, contrary, evil, bad, unpromising, luck, unseemly, menacing, indecent, minacious, untoward.
- adverse (part of speech: adjective)
- untimely (part of speech: adjective)
- inopportune (part of speech: adjective)
Amarendra Babu rubbed his son's body with a mixture of turmeric and oil and despatched a supply to Kumodini Babu by his own barber, with injunctions to have it applied to his daughter's person before 9 A. M., because subsequent hours would be inauspicious.- "Tales of Bengal", S. B. Banerjea.
- "Marriage", Susan Edmonstone Ferrier.
- "North, South and Over the Sea", M.E. Francis (Mrs. Francis Blundell).