Definition of incrustation:
- A covering or inlaying of marble, mosaic, etc., attached to the masonry by cramp irons or cement.
- A crust or hard coating of anything upon or within a body, as a deposit of lime, sediment, etc., from water on the inner surface of a steam boiler.
- Anything inlaid or imbedded.
- The act of incrusting, or the state of being incrusted.
It formed a protecting incrustation on the surface of the skin, which, by covering the the papillae, the sentient, organs, or destroying their capacity for sensation, enable the hermits to endure without apparent emotion the cold winters and bleak winds of inhospitable forests.- "Monks, Popes, and their Political Intrigues", John Alberger.
- "Southern Arabia", Theodore Bent Mabel Bent.
This was found in such immense quantities on many of the little islands along the coast, as to have the appearance of lofty hills, which, covered with a white saline incrustation, led the Conquerors to give them the name of the sierra nevada, or " snowy mountains."- "History-of-the-Conquest-of-Peru-with-a-preliminary-view-of-the-civilization-of-the-Incas", Prescott, William Hickling.