Definition of indefinite :
1. Boundless; infinite.
2. Having no determined or certain limits; large and unmeasured, though not infinite; unlimited; as indefinite space; the indefinite extension of a straight line.
3. Not definite; not limited, defined, or specified; not explicit; not determined or fixed upon; not precise; uncertain; vague; confused; obscure; as, an indefinite time, plan, etc.
4. Too numerous or variable to make a particular enumeration important; - said of the parts of a flower, and the like. Also, indeterminate.
uncertain, infinite, ambiguous, unclear, undistinct, questionable, innumerable, limited, blear, nebulous, enigmatic, vague, hazy, faint, coy, doubtful, bleary, unfixed, one, dubious, shadowy, enigmatical, equivocal, misty, unspecified, cloudy, perplexing, undetermined, suspicious, unsettled, undecided, unresolved, unsure, certain, foggy, indecisive, clear, open, unlimited, dim
chaotic (part of speech: adjective)
shapeless, disorganized, cluttered, lax, insane, irregular, inchoate, confused, disarrayed, tumultuous, inconsistent, out of control, embroiled, deformed, perturbed, unruly, deranged, undisciplined, wild, messy, formless, loose, chaotic, tempestuous, disconnected, discomposed, disordered, rambunctious, incoherent, blurry, indistinct, muddled, obscure, lawless, jumbled, frantic, fuzzy, frenzied, amorphous, disorderly, anarchical, disheveled, inexact, uneven, anarchistic, disintegrated
shapeless (part of speech: adjective)
- I sha'n't be happy again until I know that you four- and no more- are coming back to Schloss Rothhoefen for an indefinite stay. - "A Fool and His Money", George Barr McCutcheon.
- She submitted to Cynthia's authority, and tried to make interest for an indefinite stay by sudden zeal and industry, and the last days of Jeff in the hotel were more comfortable than he openly recognized. - "The Landlord at Lion's Head, Complete", William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009.
- Term of office indefinite. - "The Framework of Home Rule", Erskine Childers.