Definition of indefinite:
- Boundless; infinite.
- Having no determined or certain limits; large and unmeasured, though not infinite; unlimited; as indefinite space; the indefinite extension of a straight line.
- Not definite; not limited, defined, or specified; not explicit; not determined or fixed upon; not precise; uncertain; vague; confused; obscure; as, an indefinite time, plan, etc.
- Too numerous or variable to make a particular enumeration important; - said of the parts of a flower, and the like. Also, indeterminate.
dim, unclear, dubious, unsure, unlimited, infinite, suspicious, unsettled, uncertain, innumerable, unfixed, foggy, ambiguous, undetermined, perplexing, clear, cloudy, coy, undistinct, equivocal, misty, enigmatic, questionable, doubtful, one, faint, enigmatical, limited, certain, unsure, shadowy, unsettled, bleary, nebulous, open, hazy, indecisive, unresolved, unspecified, vague, undecided, vague, blear.
chaotic (part of speech: adjective)
- out of control,
- shapeless (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Fool and His Money", George Barr McCutcheon.
She submitted to Cynthia's authority, and tried to make interest for an indefinite stay by sudden zeal and industry, and the last days of Jeff in the hotel were more comfortable than he openly recognized.- "The Landlord at Lion's Head, Complete", William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009.
- "The Framework of Home Rule", Erskine Childers.