Definition of indian:
- A native or inhabitant of India.
- Made of maize or corn; as, corn, meal, bread, and the like.
- Of or pertaining to India proper; also to the East Indies, or, sometimes, to the West Indies.
- Of or pertaining to the aborigines, or Indians, of America; as, wars; the tomahawk.
- One of the aboriginal inhabitants of America; - so called originally from the supposed identity of America with India.
Aborigine, aboriginal American, pre-Columbian, Antillean, Canuck, Asian, Arabism, Amerindian, Alaska Native, Afghanistani, allophone, black, Eskimo, colored, African-Caribbean, West Indian, African, Red Indian, coolie, British, Afrikaner, Canadian, Amerindic, Anglo, Anglo-Saxon, Afghan, prehistoric American, Amerind, Amerindian language, American, North American Indian, American Indian, coon, native American, cracker, Asiatic, Arab, Belgian, Afro-Caribbean, Basque, dago, Aboriginal, coloured, American-Indian language, Australian.
- "If Any Man Sin", H. A. Cody.
- "Sara Crewe", Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- "Colonel Thorndyke's Secret", G. A. Henty.