Definition of indicate:
- To investigate the condition or power of, as of steam engine, by means of an indicator.
- To point out; to discover; to direct to a knowledge of; to show; to make known.
- To show or manifest by symptoms; to point to as the proper remedies; as, great prostration of strength indicates the use of stimulants.
fate, propose, auspicate, show up, orient, head, evidence, manoeuver, sharpen, taper, foretell, channelize, denominate, delegate, steer, presage, betoken, manoeuvre, fence, signalize, signal, target, channelise, level, advise, bode, shew, point to, sign, debate, doom, render, charge, point, paint a picture, suggest, foreshadow, depict, augur, signalise, assign, request, reason, specify, refer, mention, prefigure, demo, bespeak, show, express, quest, insinuate, repoint, forecast, contend, direct, meaning, allude, portend, depute, omen, aim, place, bear witness, call for, advert, intimate, usher, destine, argue, hint, luff, prognosticate, predict, maneuver, picture, read, evoke.
- evince (part of speech: verb)
- demonstrate (part of speech: verb)
- indicate (part of speech: verb)
- mean (part of speech: verb)
- record (part of speech: verb)
- "In His Steps", Charles M. Sheldon.
- "For the Allinson Honor", Harold Bindloss.
- ""Speaking of Operations--"", Irvin S. Cobb.