Definition of indicate :
1. To investigate the condition or power of, as of steam engine, by means of an indicator.
2. To point out; to discover; to direct to a knowledge of; to show; to make known.
3. To show or manifest by symptoms; to point to as the proper remedies; as, great prostration of strength indicates the use of stimulants.
level, fate, call for, mention, sign, advise, channelise, propose, head, maneuver, sharpen, bespeak, orient, manoeuver, request, usher, place, allude, quest, insinuate, manoeuvre, depict, prefigure, fence, signalise, foreshadow, presage, intimate, doom, foretell, refer, show up, target, steer, direct, express, specify, aim, advert, denominate, contend, point to, render, read, delegate, charge, portend, destine, argue, luff, reason, augur, picture, evidence, predict, channelize, depute, forecast, paint a picture, bode, shew, meaning, evoke, assign, auspicate, repoint, taper, signalize, omen, prognosticate, bear witness, suggest, debate, hint, demo
evince (part of speech: verb)
betoken, document, determine, evince, demonstrate, state, corroborate, exemplify, establish, manifest, support, connote, vouch, prove, adduce, illustrate, certify, witness, observe, confirm, avouch, attest, substantiate, testify, exhibit, validate, declare, authenticate, depose
demonstrate (part of speech: verb)
indicate (part of speech: verb)
guide, prompt, note, alert, gesticulate, nudge, denote, motion, gesture, notify, signal, mark, symbolize, shrug, brand, point, label, point out, beckon, wave, ticket, stamp, wink, nod, designate, cue, flag, tag
mean (part of speech: verb)
record (part of speech: verb)
- It would be difficult to indicate the extent of the shock which this interruption measured. - "In His Steps", Charles M. Sheldon.
- Graham seemed to indicate it all with a movement of his pipe as he turned to Andrew. - "For the Allinson Honor", Harold Bindloss.
- Before reaching him I passed through the hands of a maid and a nurse, each of whom spoke to me in a low, sorrowful tone of voice, which seemed to indicate that there was very little hope. - ""Speaking of Operations--"", Irvin S. Cobb.