Definition of indict:
- To appoint publicly or by authority; to proclaim or announce.
- To charge with a crime, in due form of law, by the finding or presentment of a grand jury; to find an indictment against; as, to indict a man for arson. It is the peculiar province of a grand jury to indict, as it is of a house of representatives to impeach.
- To write; to compose; to dictate; to indite.
attack, denounce, criminate, summon, bring someone up on charges of something, defame, prefer charges (against someone), bring before, face with charges, law, study at accuse, praise, tax, incriminate.
- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.
- "Jefferson and his Colleagues A Chronicle of the Virginia Dynasty, Volume 15 In The Chronicles Of America Series", Allen Johnson.
- "Orley Farm", Anthony Trollope.