Definition of indifferent:
- Feeling no interest, anxiety, or care, respecting anything; unconcerned; inattentive; apathetic; heedless; as, to be indifferent to the welfare of one's family.
- Free from bias or prejudice; impartial; unbiased; disinterested.
- Neither particularly good, not very bad; of a middle state or quality; passable; mediocre.
- Not inclined to one side, party, or choice more than to another; neutral; impartial.
- Not maling a difference; having no influence or preponderating weight; involving no preference, concern, or attention; of no account; without significance or importance.
- To a moderate degree; passably; tolerably.
excited, unprejudiced, achromatic, bored, impassive, unheeding, inferior, electroneutral, uncurious, icy, mediocre, suboptimal, unsatisfactory, inert, uncommunicative, average, absent-minded, disdainful, good, equal, insensible, plain, so-so, garden-variety, formulaic, complacent, standard, run-of-the-mine, glacial, sluggish, remote, unexceptional, commonplace, uninspired, pococurante, phlegmatic, second-class, impertinent, inadequate, supine, evenhanded, ordinary, superior, scornful, lethargic, distant, abstracted, nonpartisan, diffident, candid, routine, common, world-weary, feelings, supercilious, silent, fed up, stock, reticent, unbiassed, stolid, poor, torpid, restless, unenthusiastic, garden, medium, preoccupied, extraneous, average, haughty, fair-minded, square, just, unimportant, chill, nonmaterial, equitable, concern, moderate, standoffish, middling, passable, stoical, fair, attitude, substandard, fair, unremarkable, casual, routine, blase, listless, mediocre, unmoved, unresponsive, usual, tolerable, undistinguished, unreactive, incorporeal, oblivious, deaf, limited, absorbed, immaterial, common, absent, soggy, orthogonal, uninvolved, dull, undistinguished, snobbish, lymphatic, condescending, second-rate, disappointing, impervious, cut-and-dried, run-of-the-mill, reserved.
- incurious (part of speech: adjective)
- disinterested (part of speech: adjective)
- indifferent (part of speech: adjective)
insensitive (part of speech: adjective)
- reckless (part of speech: adjective)
- "One Maid's Mischief", George Manville Fenn.
- "Tempest and Sunshine", Mary J. Holmes.
- "Masterman and Son", W. J. Dawson.