Definition of indignity:
poke, outrage, epithet, offense, name, slur, cut, embarrassment, dis, slight, barb, slap, dart, dig, outrage, affront, put-down, slap in the face, offense, reproach, sarcasm, spectacle, injury, brickbat, personality, gird, attack, contumely, hang-up, degradation, despite.
- discourtesy (part of speech: noun)
- contempt (part of speech: noun)
- disrespect (part of speech: noun)
- inelegance (part of speech: noun)
- ridicule (part of speech: noun)
- "Hilda Lessways", Arnold Bennett.
Much to Joey's disgust, he was forthwith muzzled with a piece of rope, not that this device would stop him effectually from barking, but Elsie thought he would so resent the indignity that he might pay less heed to outer circumstances.- "The Captain of the Kansas", Louis Tracy.
- "The Diamond Pin", Carolyn Wells.