Definition of individualism:
- An excessive or exclusive regard to one's personal interest; self- interest; selfishness.
- The principle, policy, or practice of maintaining individuality, or independence of the individual, in action; the theory or practice of maintaining the independence of individual initiative, action, and interests, as in industrial organization or in government.
- The quality of being individual; individuality; personality.
That a far greater affinity of temper should have existed between Nietzsche and Emerson than between him and the two classic non- moralists, must bring surprise to the many who have never recognized the Concord Sage as an exponent of unfettered individualism.- "Prophets of Dissent Essays on Maeterlinck, Strindberg, Nietzsche and Tolstoy", Otto Heller.
- "The Soul of Man", Oscar Wilde.
- "The Practice and Science Of Drawing", Harold Speed.