Definition of indulge:
- To be complacent toward; to give way to; not to oppose or restrain
- to give free course to; to give one's self up to; as, to indulge sloth, pride, selfishness, or inclinations;
- To grant as by favor; to bestow in concession, or in compliance with a wish or request.
- To indulge one's self; to gratify one's tastes or desires; esp., to give one's self up ( to); to practice a forbidden or questionable act without restraint; - followed by in, but formerly, also, by to.
- to yield to the desire of; to gratify by compliance; to humor; to withhold restraint from; as, to indulge children in their caprices or willfulness; to indulge one's self with a rest or in pleasure.
procure, itch, bollocks up, thwart, content, ball up, botch, mollycoddle, muck up, satisfy, resist, engage, vitiate, scotch, cater, wallow, cocker, blow, pamper, pimp, screw up, flub, featherbed, louse up, fulfill, mess up, gratify, plunder, frustrate, mishandle, humor, appease, rollick, like, foul up, impair, bask, bilk, baffle, despoil, bungle, partake, entertain, pander, cross, bumble, coddle, foil, carry on, rape, spoil, bodge, baby, fumble, cosset, botch up, fluff, mar, wanton, bollocks, overindulge, participate, go bad, bobble, bollix, revel, roll, give, violate, luxuriate, bollix up, have, corrupt, muff, deflower.
- "Quicksands", Adolph Streckfuss.
- "Frank's Campaign or the Farm and the Camp", Horatio Alger, Jr..
- "Denzil Quarrier", George Gissing.