Definition of industrious:
- Given to industry; characterized by diligence; constantly, regularly, or habitually occupied; busy; assiduous; not slothful or idle; - commonly implying devotion to lawful and useful labor.
- Steadily and perseveringly active in a particular pursuit or aim; as, he was negligent in business, but industrious in pleasure; an industrious mischief maker.
prompt, employed, nimble, quick, occupied, up-and-coming, hardworking, brisk, efficient, untiring, officious, productive, committed, enterprising, tied-up, engaged, hard-working, conscientious, studious, agile, hopping, unflagging, ready, energetic, study at diligent, restless, supple, expeditious, wide awake, laborious, indefatigable, unwearying, tireless, gumptious, working, alert, spry, diligent, mobile.
- active (part of speech: adjective)
vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Former Philippines thru Foreign Eyes", Tomás de Comyn Fedor Jagor Rudolf Ludwig Carl Virchow Charles Wilkes.
- "The Progressionists, and Angela.", Conrad von Bolanden.
- "The Man Who Rose Again", Joseph Hocking.