Definition of infection:
- Contamination by illegality, as in cases of contraband goods; implication.
- Sympathetic communication of like qualities or emotions; influence.
- That which infects, or causes the communicated disease; any effluvium, miasm, or pestilential matter by which an infectious disease is caused.
- That which taints or corrupts morally; as, the infection of vicious principles.
- The act or process of infecting.
- The state of being infected; contamination by morbific particles; the result of infecting influence; a prevailing disease; epidemic.
transmission, carrier, transmission system, defense mechanism, epidemic, cross-contamination, contagion, candida, poisoning, transmittal, antibody, cross-infection, fester, transmitting, defense, pollution, transmittance, contagious disease, biosecurity.
- bane (part of speech: noun)
- unhealthiness (part of speech: noun)
disease (part of speech: noun)
- "The Pros and Cons of Vivisection", Charles Richet Commentator: W. D. Halliburton.
- "Hidden Gold", Wilder Anthony.
- "How and When to Be Your Own Doctor", Dr. Isabelle A. Moser with Steve Solomon.