Definition of infernal :
1. An inhabitant of the infernal regions; also, the place itself.
2. Of or pertaining to or suitable for the lower regions, inhabited, according to the ancients, by the dead; pertaining to Pluto's realm of the dead, the Tartarus of the ancients.
demonic, cursed, beatified, evil, fiendish, damn, chthonian, goddamn, kind, Stygian, deuced, goddam, mephistophelean, devilish, bloody, confounded, darn, chthonic, goddamned, Tartarean, damned, wicked, unredeemed, ghoulish, hadean, like, darned, ethereal, blessed, blamed, sinful, subterranean, satanic, ruddy, doomed, ogreish, blame, god-awful, blest, divine, unsaved, underworld, execrable, blooming, diabolical, everlasting, accursed, blasted, unhallowed, mephistophelian, beastly, nether, lower, curst, satanical, Plutonian, unholy
hellish (part of speech: adjective)
- Were you pulling that infernal little fire- brand's short leg, or did you mean it?" - "A Poached Peerage", William Magnay.
- " I'm afraid not," replied Castellan, " and we can only hope that our Lords of the Council will be of the same opinion, or, better still, that the infernal thing we saw belongs to us." - "The World Peril of 1910", George Griffith.
- You are getting as much of a danger as this infernal girl. - "The Man Who Knew", Edgar Wallace.