Definition of inflammation:
- A morbid condition of any part of the body, consisting in congestion of the blood vessels, with obstruction of the blood current, and growth of morbid tissue. It is manifested outwardly by redness and swelling, attended with heat and pain.
- The act of inflaming, kindling, or setting on fire; also, the state of being inflamed.
- Violent excitement; heat; passion; animosity; turbulence; as, an inflammation of the mind, of the body politic, or of parties.
sacking, carrier, hullabaloo, tinder, fester, dismission, swelling, liberation, upheaval, excitation, defense mechanism, spunk, ardor, cross-infection, inflaming, light, redness, firing off, fervidness, fervor, innervation, antibody, dismissal, kindling, contagion, ignition, sack, defense, ignition system, lighting, candida, turmoil, discharge, touchwood, fervour, cross-contamination, punk, firing, rubor, infection, red, soreness, release, ardour, biosecurity, excitement, help.
- aggravation (part of speech: noun)
pain (part of speech: noun)
- excitement (part of speech: noun)
- "Civics and Health", William H. Allen.
- "H. G. Wells", J. D. Beresford.
- "'Twixt Land & Sea", Joseph Conrad.