Definition of inflection:
- A bend; a fold; a curve; a turn; a twist.
- A departure from the monotone, or reciting note, in chanting.
- A slide, modulation, or accent of the voice; as, the rising and the falling inflection.
- Any change or modification in the pitch or tone of the voice.
- Same as Diffraction.
- The act of inflecting, or the state of being inflected.
- The variation or change which words undergo to mark case, gender, number, comparison, tense, person, mood, voice, etc.
adjunct, enunciation, metrics, case, delivery, arc, modulation, conjugate, stress, allophone, cadence, stress, cleft sentence, antecedent, break, quaver, cohesion, bow, construction, voice change, article, flexion, comparison, expression, emphasis, pronunciation, complementation, accusative, articulation, sound, tone, croak, pronunciation, imperative, accent, emphasis, expression, arch, angle, flection, rhythmic pattern, twang, tone of voice, declension, turn, poetic rhythm, collocate, prosody, sound, allomorph, sounds, curvature, agree with, change of grammatical form, collocation, pitch contour, inflexion, pitch variation, accent, intonation, change of grammatical form, voice change, delivery, crook, curve, articulation, pitch variation, enunciation, clause, concord, flexure, tremor, transition, tone of voice, wind.
- "McGuffey's Fifth Eclectic Reader", William Holmes McGuffey.
- "The Heart of Unaga", Ridgwell Cullum.
- "The Doctor A Tale Of The Rockies", Ralph Connor.