Definition of ingenuous:
- Free from reserve, disguise, equivocation, or dissimulation; open; frank; as, an ingenuous man; an ingenuous declaration, confession, etc.
- Noble; generous; magnanimous; honorable; upright; high- minded; as, an ingenuous ardor or zeal.
- Of honorable extraction; freeborn; noble; as, ingenuous blood of birth.
sinless, impartial, free, clear, guiltless, unbiased, devoid, unacquainted, candid, open, artless, forthright, transparent, straight-out, truthful, uncultivated, destitute, clean-handed, impeccant, unstudied, unworldly, innocuous, innocent, straight-from-the-shoulder, uncultured, straight-shooting, man-to-man, plainspoken, show, guileless, unprejudiced, straight, undistorted, unreserved, barren, fair, simple, aboveboard.
artless (part of speech: adjective)
- veracious (part of speech: adjective)
- "When Egypt Went Broke", Holman Day.
- "The Squirrel Inn", Frank R. Stockton.
- "The Wisdom of Father Brown", G. K. Chesterton.