Definition of ingrain:
- An ingrain fabric, as a carpet.
- Dyed before manufacture, - said of the material of a textile fabric; hence, in general, thoroughly inwrought; forming an essential part of the substance.
- Dyed with grain, or kermes.
- To dye in the grain, or before manufacture.
- To dye with or in grain or kermes.
- To work into the natural texture or into the mental or moral constitution of; to stain; to saturate; to imbue; to infix deeply.
instil, yarn-dye, instill, strike, constitutive, impress, shanghai, imprint, built-in, inbred, fix, entrench, root, granulate, native, fasten, indigenous, infuse, teach, inculcate, implant, inborn, intrinsic, natural, fix, innate, print, ingrained, immanent, constitutional, lodge, grain, infix, integral, affect, essential, transfuse, hardwired, impregnate, move, embed, tincture.
- "A Bicycle of Cathay", Frank R. Stockton.
- "A Story of One Short Life, 1783 to 1818 [Samuel John Mills]", Elisabeth G. Stryker.
- "Fanny Herself", Edna Ferber.