Definition of initial:
- Of or pertaining to the beginning; marking the commencement; incipient; commencing; as, the initial symptoms of a disease.
- Placed at the beginning; standing at the head, as of a list or series; as, the initial letters of a name.
- The first letter of a word or a name.
- To put an initial to; to mark with an initial of initials.
initiatory, countersign, prime, capital, after, primary, block letters, naming ceremony, premier, of, earliest, sign, witness, by, alphabetical, sign away, at first, from the get-go, John Hancock, all along, endorse, nee, start, alphabetize, sign on, inceptive, block capitals, front-end, nameless, virgin, signature, pioneer, sign on the dotted line, leadoff, headmost, assignment, letter, Junior, namesake, alphabet, ratify, consonant.
beginning (part of speech: adjective)
- original (part of speech: adjective)
- "Watersprings", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- "The Autobiography of Mark Rutherford", Mark Rutherford.
- "A Bibliographical, Antiquarian and Picturesque Tour in France and Germany, Volume Two", Thomas Frognall Dibdin.