Definition of initiation:
- The act of initiating, or the process of being initiated or introduced; as, initiation into a society, into business, literature, etc.
- The form or ceremony by which a person is introduced into any society; mode of entrance into an organized body; especially, the rite of admission into a secret society or order.
gun trigger, launching, elicitation, spring, instalment, knowledgeableness, invention, first appearance, inception, accept, universe, kickoff, inductive reasoning, fundament, inauguration, grounding, debut, intro, origin, psychiatric hospital, groundwork, start, investment, installing, founding, incipiency, understructure, fount, generalization, admission, mental institution, cornerstone, basis, commencement, investiture, entry, generalisation, foot, leadoff, opening, incipience, presentation, establishment, induction, introduction, macrocosm, outset, beginning, launch, fountain, source, base, existence, world, institution, knowledgeability, innovation, intromission, arising, installation, trigger, inductance, instatement, indoctrination, insane asylum, origination, design, substructure, creation, rise, mental home, instauration, cosmos, inaugural, foundation, unveiling, foundation garment, excogitation, asylum, conception, creative activity, mental hospital, insertion, evocation, installment, facility.
rite (part of speech: noun)
- last rites,
- "The Nether World", George Gissing.
- "Police!!!", Robert W. Chambers.
- "The Egyptian Conception of Immortality", George Andrew Reisner.