Definition of inject:
- Fig.: To throw; to offer; to propose; to instill.
- To cast or throw; - with on.
- To fill ( a vessel, cavity, or tissue) with a fluid or other substance; as, to inject the blood vessels.
- To throw in; to dart in; to force in; as, to inject cold water into a condenser; to inject a medicinal liquid into a cavity of the body; to inject morphine with a hypodermic syringe.
hive away, fool, drop by the wayside, interfere, cut in, come out, add, install, inoculate, interject, fall by the wayside, flash, enter, dissipate, quit, spud, shoot down, bourgeon, butt in, instill, inclose, blast, scoot, burgeon forth, pullulate, throw-in, scud, get in, dash, dart, vaccinate, charge, jab, put in, salt away, pip, hit, go in, fritter away, infuse, enclose, film, shoot up, lay in, stick in, step in, stack away, set up, germinate, interpolate, get into, take, tear, interpose, give up, sprout, come, impregnate, break in, move into, come in, chime in, drop out, frivol away, chuck up the sponge, include, submit, fritter, store, instal, buck, intervene, imbue, interlard, fool away, throw in the towel, shoot, photograph, stash away, barge in, place, go into, chisel in, snap.
- "Pratt's Practical Pointers on the Care of Livestock and Poultry", Pratt Food Co..
- "Murder in the Gunroom", Henry Beam Piper.
- "'Firebrand' Trevison", Charles Alden Seltzer.