Definition of injection:
- A specimen prepared by injection.
- That which is injected; especially, a liquid medicine thrown into a cavity of the body by a syringe or pipe; a clyster; an enema.
- The act of injecting or throwing in; - applied particularly to the forcible throwing in of a liquid, or aeriform body, by means of a syringe, pump, etc.
- The act of throwing cold water into a condenser to produce a vacuum.
- The act or process of filling vessels, cavities, or tissues with a fluid or other substance.
- The cold water thrown into a condenser.
dig, shooter, shaft, slam, pellet, inoculation, guesswork, snap, shooting, stroke, medicine, guessing, injectant, hypodermic, barb, stab, gibe, shot, hypo, guess, dead reckoning, blastoff, jab, needle, snapshot, vaccination, jibe, crack, scene.
- "Time Crime", H. Beam Piper.
The injection water for a common or jet condenser may be obtained in one of two ways: first, direct from the sea, which is that for ordinary use; and secondly from the bilge, which is resorted to to assist the bilge pump in cases of emergency.- "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.
- "The Maternal Management of Children, in Health and Disease.", Thomas Bull, M.D..