Definition of inland:
- Confined to a country or state; domestic; not foreing; as, an inland bill of exchange. See Exchange.
- Into, or towards, the interior, away from the coast.
- Limited to the land, or to inland routes; within the seashore boundary; not passing on, or over, the sea; as, inland transportation, commerce, navigation, etc.
- The interior part of a country.
- Within the land; more or less remote from the ocean or from open water; interior; as, an inland town.
- "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror", Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows.
- "Admiral Farragut", A. T. Mahan.
- "The Lighthouse", Robert Ballantyne.