Definition of innate:
- Inborn; native; natural; as, innate vigor; innate eloquence.
- Joined by the base to the very tip of a filament; as, an innate anther.
- Originating in, or derived from, the constitution of the intellect, as opposed to acquired from experience; as, innate ideas. See A priori, Intuitive.
- To cause to exit; to call into being.
inseparable, built-in, essential, natural, congenital, immanent, indispensable, nescient, start, babyish, internal, unconditioned, noninheritable, unlettered, unlearned, ingrain, inbred, intelligent, connatural, flawed, flexible, be, elemental, inborn, addictive, ingrained, hardwired, born, indigenous, adaptive, intrinsic, subjective, inherited, hereditary, badass, hereditary, native, ignorant, unconditional, constitutionally, classy, inherent, indwelling, constitutive, infixed, clingy, constitutional, inhering, integral, inwrought, nonheritable.
- "An Alabaster Box", Mary E. Wilkins Freeman and Florence Morse Kingsley.
- "The Complete Essays of C. D. Warner", Charles Dudley Warner.
But in the decisive moment their innate nobility put the right words in their mouths, the right resolution in their hearts, and their thoroughly plebeian sense of duty always made them appear truly royal in the high position in which they were placed.- "The Children of the World", Paul Heyse.