Definition of innocent :
1. An innocent person; one free from, or unacquainted with, guilt or sin.
2. An unsophisticated person; hence, a child; a simpleton; an idiot.
3. Free from sin.
4. Free from the guilt of a particular crime or offense; as, a man is innocent of the crime charged.
5. Lawful; permitted; as, an innocent trade.
6. Morally free from guilt; guiltless; not tainted with sin; pure; upright.
7. Not contraband; not subject to forfeiture; as, innocent goods carried to a belligerent nation.
8. Not harmful; free from that which can injure; innoxious; innocuous; harmless; as, an innocent medicine or remedy.
9. Simple; artless; foolish.
benign, caring, moral, unimpeachable, reliable, good, sex, clueless, devoid, culpable, young, cleanhanded, anodyne, liberal, dewy-eyed, righteous, knowledge, unbiased, just, perfect, fair, lacking, newcomer, unknowing, poverty-stricken, necessitous, cleared, truthful, uninitiated, warm-hearted, unreserved, impoverished, proper, inoffensive, inexperienced, not guilty, sensitive, sinful, unoffensive, tyro, bleak, open, youthful, unwary, full, high-minded, impeccant, unmindful, law, detached, gratis, raw, unobjectionable, guileless, inculpable, novice, exonerated, workie, guilty, uninvolved, nescient, naif, untried, childish, wide-eyed, frank, true, impeccable, current, initiate, rightful, transparent, genuine, the uninitiated, costless, simpleminded, unpretending, incognizant, legally, uneducated, right, wholesome, gentle, primitive, ethical, beginner, fresh, untrained, wanting, impartial, clean-handed, indigent, legit, correct, nice, learner, green, uncritical, angelical, natural, unacquainted, be unused to (doing) something, real, unaffected, unaware, unstudied, hurtless, unworldly, unblamable, unenlightened, ignorant, unsuspicious, safe, legal, needy, unwitting, aw-shucks, desolate, harmless, ingenuous, destitute, free, barren, kind, insensible, dewy, straightforward, unfamiliar, lily-white, unpretentious, loose, warm, acquitted, legitimacy, empty, protege, help, gratuitous, absolved, complimentary, unskilled, vindicated, legitimate, apprentice, uninformed, inexperienced person, aboveboard, illiterate, exculpated, oblivious, upright, honest, void, tender, lawful, unstained, sincere, unsuspecting, unqualified, uncorrupted, corrupt, licit, unconscious, unprejudiced, generous, irreproachable
innocent (part of speech: adjective)
simple (part of speech: adjective)
youngster (part of speech: noun)
pure (part of speech: adjective)
basic, irreducible, blameless, angelic, primal, pure, aboriginal, honorable, faultless, primary, undiluted, purebred, basal, guiltless, elemental, unadulterated, spotless, uncluttered, indivisible, unsullied, undefiled, unblemished, elementary, sinless, fundamental, simon-pure, stainless, monolithic, prime, nascent, essential, austere, clear, stark, unadorned, white, unalloyed, virtuous, chaste, bare, decent, clean, atomic, untarnished, untainted, plain, immaculate, formative, foundational, simple
- Can it be that I was jealous of Ursula Dearmer, that innocent girl, because she saw a shell burst and I didn't? - "A Journal of Impressions in Belgium", May Sinclair.
- He looked at her sternly, and she said again in a faltering voice- " I am innocent, Tony." - "The Truants", A. E. W. (Alfred Edward Woodley) Mason.
- Anna had a great fear of the police, and that though she knew herself to be absolutely innocent of any wrong- doing. - "Good Old Anna", Marie Belloc Lowndes.