Definition of inquiry:
probation, elicitation, interrogative, head, rhetorical question, delving, query, interrogative sentence, interrogation, leading question, ask, hearing, search, motion, enquiry, probing, soundings, interrogatory, investigate, reference, analysis, investigation, examen, dubiousness, doubtfulness, opinion poll, questionnaire, doubt, inquisition, study, call, public inquiry, question, questioning, research, trawl, disquisition.
- question (part of speech: noun)
- request (part of speech: noun)
- "'Lena Rivers", Mary J. Holmes.
- "Leading Articles on Various Subjects", Hugh Miller.
- "The Hound of the Baskervilles", A. Conan Doyle.